Te Reo Tukutuku
Amohia ake te ora o te iwi, ka puta ki te wheiao
He tūmatakahuki, he reo tukutuku!
- Connectivity – initialitves that enable improved connection and transfer of intergenerational knowledge within whānau and communities across the sectors.
- Innovation – new and innovative national or multi-regional initiatives that will strengthen whānau and communities. That also builds local capability and capacity in their te reo Māori journey.
- Foundation – this acknowledges existing national and multi-regional initiatives that are held in high regard and viewed as exemplar models for te reo Māori revitalisation.
- increases in language planning opportunities for whānau and communities;
- increased Māori usage in the homes of tamariki;
- increases in collaboration across the clusters;
- increases in resources that are widely available and relevant to sector needs;
- increased intergenerational commitment and transmission of the Māori language
Click here to download the full investment plan as a PDF.
There are four sector interest areas that make up Te Reo Tukutuku Investment Cluster:
- Te Hapori
- Te Mātauranga
- Te Pāpāho
- Te Hunga Noho Taone
Pae Motuhake, representing iwi and Māori interests, develop the investment plan and key priorities for each Kāhui and make recommendations to the Board of Te Mātāwai for approval.
Te Pae Motuhake o Te Reo Tukutuku:
- Bernie O’Donnell (Board Member) – Hunga noho tāone
- Tunuiarangi McLean – Hunga noho tāone
- Tukiterangi Curtis – Te Mātaturanga
- Brenda Soutar – Te Mātauranga
- Kylie Brown – Te Pāpāho
- Hineani Melbourne – Te Pāpāho
- Teina Boasa-Dean – Te Hapori
- Tane Cook – Te Hapori
Te Pae Motuhake Role
Provide leadership of the Māori language at a local level
Determine language revitalisation needs
Utilise research to inform decisions
Inform and influence Te Mātāwai Board
Develop annual investment plans
Recommend recipients of investment support
Projects we've invested in from 2020-2021:
|Name of organisation||Revitalise te reo ake o Te Rarawa||$XX,XXX|
Do you have a project that fits the Te Reo Tukutuku investment plan?
Make an investment application here(external link).
Applications for Te Reo Tukutuku Investment Round 2021–2022 have now closed.