Tāwharautia te reo o Mātaatua!
- Ko te Kura nā Tuhaepō – tamariki, whānau, kāinga, hāpu, iwi, waka immersion opportunities.
- Tēnei te Tira Hou o te Reo – language planning with whānau, hapū, iwi, waka; promoting te reo; reviving te reo.
- te reo Mātaatua is normalised across everyday activities and communication;
- increased participation in our tikanga/reo Māori fostering contexts and environments;
- intergenerational commitment and transmission of te reo Māori in our kāinga and communities;
- strong language models are developed and supported.
Click here to download the full investment plan as a PDF.
The Mātaatua Investment plan is aimed at all uri of all the iwi listed below:
- Ngāti Pūkenga
- Ngāi Te Rangi
- Ngāti Ranginui
- Ngāti Awa
- Ngāti Manawa
- Ngāi Tai ki Tōrere
- Te Whānau-a-Apanui
- Ngāti Ruapani ki Waikaremoana
- Ngāti Whare
Pae Motuhake, representing iwi and Māori interests, develop the investment plan and key priorities for each Kāhui and make recommendations to the Board of Te Mātāwai for approval.
Te Pae Motuhake o Mātaatua:
- Te Kāhautu Maxwell (Board Member)
- Jennifer Takuta-Moses
- Agnes McFarland
- Aniwa Nicholas
- Teraania Ormsby-Teki
- Thomas Mitai
- Turuhira Hare
Te Pae Motuhake Role
Provide leadership of the Māori language at a local level
Determine language revitalisation needs
Utilise research to inform decisions
Inform and influence Te Mātāwai Board
Develop annual investment plans
Recommend recipients of investment support
Projects we've invested in from 2020-2021:
|Kaupapa name:||Delivery Type:||Amount:|
|Te Tapuae o Hapukitūmatanginui-o-te-rangi||Wānanga||$58,000|
|Puawai te reo||Wānanga||$15,000|
|Te Wānanga Reo o Ngāti Ruapani ki Waikaremoana||Wānanga||$40,000|
|Te Reo o Muri||Language Planning||$59,637|
|Ngā Taonga Tuku iho nō Ngāti Pukenga||Wānanga||$60,000|
|Te Reo o Tahuwhakatiki||Wānanga||$55,000|
|Te Paringa Tai ki Matakana me Rangiwaea||Wānanga||$19,900|
|TRWOT Te Moana a Toi Storytelling Workshop Programme 2021||Wānanga||$35,000|
|Te Reo Auaha o te Whānau||Language Classes||$29,677|
|Te Reo Auaha o te Ehutu||Language Classes||$25,900|
|Te Kahu Reo||Language Classes||$8,110|
|Ngā Rauemi Reo o Ruataahuna||Wānanga||$50,400|
|Te reo ngahere o Otere||Wānanga||$30,000|
Do you have a project that fits the Mātaatua investment plan?
Make an investment application here(external link).
Applications for Mātaatua Investment Round 2021–2022 have now closed.