Te Arawa waka kia mau ki tō reo tuku iho
- Whakarauora reo – kia whai hua ngā kaupapa whakarauora reo.
- Ngā kaupapa rumaki – kia rumakina te reo ki ngā kāinga, ki ngā marae, ki ngā hapori.
- Whānau wellbeing – mā te ūkaipō o te reo, mā te ū ki te ahurea Māori, e whanake ai te oranga o te whānau.
- Immersion domains – whakawhānuitia ngā wā, ngā wāhi, me ngā horopaki e noho ana ko te reo Māori te reo matua.
- Intergenerational Transmission – ko te tautoko i ngā kāinga, i ngā hapori me ngā kaupapa kei te kōrerotia kētia te reo ki waenganui i ngā reanga.
Click here to download the full investment plan as a PDF.
The Te Arawa Investment plan is aimed at all uri of all the iwi listed below:
- Ngāti Pikiao (Te Arawa)
- Ngāti Rangiteaorere (Te Arawa)
- Ngāti Rangitihi (Te Arawa)
- Ngāti Rangiwewehi (Te Arawa)
- Tapuika (Te Arawa)
- Tarāwhai (Te Arawa)
- Tūhourangi (Te Arawa)
- Uenuku-Kōpako (Te Arawa)
- Waitaha (Te Arawa)
- Ngāti Whakaue (Te Arawa)
- Ngāti Tūwharetoa
- Ngāti Mākino (Te Arawa)
- Ngāti Tūwharetoa ki Kawerau (Bay of Plenty)
- Ngāti Tūrangitukua
- Ngāti Kearoa/Ngāti Tuara
- Ngāti Rongomai
- Ngāti Tahu–Ngāti Whaoa (Te Arawa)
Pae Motuhake, representing iwi and Māori interests, develop the investment plan and key priorities for each Kāhui and make recommendations to the Board of Te Mātāwai for approval.
Te Pae Motuhake o Te Arawa:
- Muriwai Ihakara (Board Member)
- Bryce Murray (Ngāti Whakaue)
- Dr Kenneth Kennedy (Ngāti Rangiteaorere)
- Taati Williams (Te Arawa)
- Punohu McCausland (Waitaha)
- Rangitihi Pene (Tūhourangi)
- Tony Wihapi (Tapuika)
- Dylan Tāhau (Ngāti Tūwharetoa)
- Ruakiri Fairhall (Tarāwhai)
Te Pae Motuhake Role
Provide leadership of the Māori language at a local level
Determine language revitalisation needs
Utilise research to inform decisions
Inform and influence Te Mātāwai Board
Develop annual investment plans
Recommend recipients of investment support
Projects we've invested in from 2020-2021:
Do you have a project that fits the Te Arawa investment plan?
Make an investment application here(external link).
Applications for Te Arawa Investment Round 2021–2022 have now closed.