Kia ūkaipō anō te reo i roto
i ngā kāinga me ngā hapori o te waka o Tainui
- Identity – research, record, develop and promote Tainui, iwi and hapū dialectal difference and kōrero tuku iho.
- Promotion – promote te reo Māori and grow the understanding of revitalisation issues encouraging a positive attitude shift.
- Learning – improve reo fluency, understanding and confidence through programmes, classes, wānanga and resource development.
- Immersion – normalise the use of te reo in the home, marae and hapori.
- Language Champions – grow and support experts, language champions, drivers and advocates to plan review and drive long term language revitalisation.
- increased reo use within homes, marae and communities;
- improved reo use in formal settings;
- increased use of Tainui/iwi specific words, phrases, kōrero tuku iho, whakapapa, waiata, karakia, tongikura, pepeha;
- increased use of new Tainui/iwi specific compositions, kupu hōu, kōrero hōu.
Click here to download the full investment plan as a PDF.
The Tainui Investment plan is aimed at all uri of all the iwi listed below:
- Te Ākitai Waiohua
- Ngāti Tamaoho
- Ngāti Hako
- Ngāti Hei
- Ngāti Maru (Hauraki)
- Ngāti Paoa
- Ngāti Porou ki Harataunga ki Mataora
- Ngāti Pūkenga ki Waiau
- Ngāti Rāhiri Tumutumu
- Ngāi Tai (Hauraki)
- Ngāti Tamaterā
- Ngāti Tara Tokanui
- Ngāti Hineuru
- Ngāti Te Ata
- Ngāti Whanaunga
- Ngāti Haua (Waikato)
- Ngāti Maniapoto
- Ngāti Raukawa (Waikato)
- Ngāti Koroki Kahukura
Pae Motuhake, representing iwi and Māori interests, develop the investment plan and key priorities for each Kāhui and make recommendations to the Board of Te Mātāwai for approval.
Te Pae Motuhake o Tainui:
- Charlie (Tiare) Tepana (Board Member/Co-Chair)
- Rangimarie Mahuta (Waikato)
- Te Puna Moanaroa (Te Whare Tāhuhu Kōrero o Hauraki)
- Haki Tuaupiki (Ngāti Mahuta ki te Hauāuru)
- Adam Whauwhau (Ngāti Hauā Iwi Trust)
- Karaitiana Tamatea (Ngāti Korokī Kahukura)
- Te Wairere Ngaia (Ngāti Apakura)
- Jaqui Taituha (Ngāti Maniapoto)
- Pānia Papa (Ngāti Korokī Kahukura)
Te Pae Motuhake Role
Provide leadership of the Māori language at a local level
Determine language revitalisation needs
Utilise research to inform decisions
Inform and influence Te Mātāwai Board
Develop annual investment plans
Recommend recipients of investment support
Projects we've invest in from 2020-2021:
|Kaupapa name:||Delivery Type:||Amount:|
|Ngāti Koroki Kahukura Wānanga Series 2021||Wānanga||$73,600|
|Toitoi Manawa Wānanga Reo||Reo Classes||$18,700|
|Te Puuaha o te Reo||Wānanga||$10,000|
|Ngā Wānanga o Mangakaretu Marae||Wānanga||$21,940|
|Marokopa Paa - Mirumiru Marae Rautaki Reo||Wānanga||$35,000|
|Ngā Kaupapa Whakarauora Reo ā-iwi o Raukawa 2021||Reo Classes||$99,455|
|Tainui Waka Primary Schools Kapa Haka Regionals 2020||Events||$42,970|
|Ka pū te ruha, ka hao te rangatahi ki Pare Hauraki 2021||Wānanga||$10,000|
|Ko ētehi kohinga waiata nā Hauraki ki te paepaetukutuku||Resource Production||$15,000|
|Ko ngā Wānanga Reo ki Hauraki 2021||Wānanga||$76,865|
|He Kura Reo ki Parehauraki||Kura Reo||$51,475|
|Ko ngā tauira Horomata, ko te Kōiti o Rangapū ki Pare Hauraki||Wānanga||$10,000|
|Ko ngā pukapuka poto mō Ureia rāua ko Papakauri||Resource Production||$14,000|
|Te Kāhu Kōrako||Wānanga||$24,298|
|Wānanga Reo ko Te Nehenehenui 2021||Wānanga||$40,000|
|Mahuta ki te Hoe||Wānanga||$117,043|
|Waiho a Waahi hei reo korokii mooku||Wānanga||$85,620|
Do you have a project that fits the Tainui investment plan?
Make an investment application here.
Applications open 1—25 June 2021 for Tainui Investment Round 2021–2022.