Te Tai Hau-ā-uru
Investment Plan 2022/2023
Kia ūkaipō anō te reo ki Te Taiuru.
Reo Māori within Te Taiuru will be restored as a nurturing first language.
- Tuku Ihotanga – engages multiple generations in shared activity that is relevant and builds enthusiasm.
- Tuakiri – promotes reo use that strengthens identity of Mana Whenua and/or the shared group identity.
- Whāinga Roa – clearly identifies long-term reo goals (>10 years) and has well structured stages of development.
- Rumaki – establishes reo immersion domains or has plans to increase proficiency to achieve full immersion.
- Areare – enables people to access immersion spaces, to become involved and gain passion for reo use
- Tūhono – gives support to networks of reo initiatives sharing information, support and new insights.
- Mārama Pū – commits to regular language planning training and development to grow community leadership.
- increased reo use in the home by whānau
- increased reo use in daily life by community
- increased daily reo settings are accessible to community
- more reo immersion domains are run with reo plans
- increased community-based reo leaders
- enhanced use of identity-based reo
Click here to download the full investment plan as a PDF.
The Te Tai Hau-ā-uru Investment plan is aimed at all uri of all the iwi listed below:
- Te Āti Awa (Taranaki)
- Ngāti Maru (Taranaki)
- Ngāti Mutunga (Taranaki)
- Ngā Rauru
- Ngā Ruahine
- Ngāti Ruanui
- Ngāti Tama (Taranaki)
- Ngāti Apa (Rangitīkei)
- Te Āti Haunui-a-Pāpārangi
- Ngāti Haua (Taumarunui)
- Ngāti Rangi
- Ngāti Hauiti
- Te Āti Awa (Wellington)
- Rangitāne (Manawatū)
- Ngāti Raukawa (Horowhenua and Manawatū)
- Ngāti Toa Rangatira (Wellington)
- Te Āti Awa ki Whakarongotai
- Ngāti Tama ki Te Upoko o Te Ika (Wellington)
- Ngāti Kauwhata
Pae Motuhake, representing iwi and Māori interests, develop the investment plan and key priorities for each Kāhui and make recommendations to the Board of Te Mātāwai for approval.
Te Pae Motuhake o Te Tai Hau-ā-uru:
- Karepa Wall (Appointed Board Member)
- Heitia Raureti (Ngāti Raukawa)
- Kura Moeahu (Te Ātiawa ki Te Ūpoko o te Ika)
- Hayley Galo (Ngāti Toarangatira)
- Ruta Broughton (Taranaki)
- Ruakere Hond (Ngāti Ruanui)
- Tamahau Rowe (Ngāti Apa)
- Hohepa Isaac-Sharland (Taranaki)
- Tamzyn Pue (Ngāti Maru)
Te Pae Motuhake Role
Provide leadership of the Māori language at a local level
Determine language revitalisation needs
Utilise research to inform decisions
Inform and influence Te Mātāwai Board
Develop annual investment plans
Recommend recipients of investment support
Projects we've invested in from 2020-2021
|Te Reo Rauora o Ngāti Whakatere||Reo Classes||$15,000|
|Te Reo Reka o Te Awahou 2 - Kapa Haka||Reo Classes||$15,000|
|Reo Hina||Reo Activities and Wānanga||$9,000|
|Keeping it reo website||Resource Production||$5,000|
|Whāia ngā tapuwae o Kapu||Language Planning||$19,700|
|Tau mai e Kapiti Tu a Rua 2020/21||Reo Classes||$50,000|
|Whakatipuria hei kauwae parāoa||Wānanga||$40,000|
|Rangitāne o Manawatū Rautaki Reo||Wānanga||$127,000|
|Ngaa Rauru Kiitahi Reo Level One||Reo Classes||$20,000|
|Te Paki o te Whare||Language Planning||$10,000|
|Te Whānau Tahi||Resource Production||$20,000|
|Te Oromi Manga||Wānanga||$44,000|
|Te Matoe o te Reo 2021/22||Events||$60,400|
|Te Tai Hau-ā-uru Symposium 2020||Events||$50,600|
|Te Tū Marae||Wānanga||$35,000|
|Ngāruahine Reo Year 3||Reo Classes||$60,000|
|Te Reo o te Hapori||Wānanga||$73,000|
|RaRau Mai, Tupu te Toi, Ora te Toi||Wānanga||$100,000|
|Ekena Te Waka Reo 2020/21||Wānanga||$182,000|
Do you have a project that fits the Te Tai Hau-ā-uru investment plan?
You must register to become a registered provider before you apply for investment here(external link).
Registrations open 1 December 2021 - 31 January 2022
Applications open 1 January 2022 - 28 February 2022