What We Invest In
Investment plans and priorities are set by the eight eight Kāhui and contribute towards achieving our five strategic outcomes.
- Whānau wellbeing: Improved whānau wellbeing through Māori language use and Māori cultural connection
- Immersion domains: Increased access to bilingual and immersion domains throughout Aotearoa
- Intergenerational transmission: More Māori language use and intergenerational transmission in whānau, homes and communities.
- Grassroots Reo Movement: Increased levels of engagement, drive, commitment and action in Māori language led by whānau, marae, hapū and iwi.
- Aotearoa Pride: Increased levels of whānau, community and national identity through engagement with Māori langauge initiatives and activities.
Pae Motuhake, representing iwi and Māori interests, develop the investment plan and key priorities for each kāhui, and make recommendations to the Board of Te Mātāwai for approval.
For more information on our priorities, refer to our Statement of Intent 2021–2024(external link).