Do you have a Māori language revitalisation project that needs investment?
- Whānau wellbeing / oranga o te whānau: more whānau feeling confident in navigating their own Māori language journey
- Immersion domains / rumaki: whānau have increased access to bilingual and immersion domains throughout Aotearoa
- Intergenerational transmission / reo tuku iho: more whānau have increased their daily use of Māori language across generations
- Reo movements / kōkiritanga reo: increased number of whānau connected to movements where Māori language and identity is promoted and enhanced
- Iwi identity / tuakiri: whānau have an improved sense of iwi identity when Māori language is visible and valued at a local and national level
Pae Motuhake, representing iwi and Māori interests, develop the investment plan and key priorities for each Kāhui and make recommendations to the Board of Te Mātāwai for approval.
Find the list of initiatives we have supported here [PDF, 689 KB].
For more information on our priorities, refer to our Statement of Intent 2021–2024.
For all Kāhui:
|Registrations Open||1 December 2022 - 31 January 2023|
|Applications Open||1 January 2023 - 28 February 2023|
Processing and Assessment of Applications
|March - May 2023|
|Applicants notified||30 May 2023|
|Contracts are signed||June 2023|
|All projects commence||1 July 2023|
You must register to become a registered provider before submitting an application for investment.
For further inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Pae Motuhake will assess each application using the criteria outlined in each Kāhui Investment Plan and make recommendations to Te Mātāwai Board, which makes the final decision on which applications will receive investment.
Final decisions are based on available investments and applications meeting the necessary criteria.
All kaitono will be notified of the outcome of applications via Te Mātāpuna.
Successful applicants will receive a letter of offer and an agreement from a Te Mātāwai Investment Facilitator.
The investment agreement sets out the purpose of the investment along with any key dates, activities and milestones to be met.
For more information, email email@example.com